Saturday, November 28, 2009

My Thanksgiving

Starts out with a Turkey!!

My sister hosted Thanksgiving Dinner this year. They live out in the country, so the grandkids always have alot of fun. They have horses, which my two city grandsons have fun with. Sorry forgot to take photos. They had a blast.

Below is my Mom and my sister "Sis". Sis hosted and cooked almost all the meal. HUGH Job. She did an awesome job.

Let's start with dessert. The picture is fussy because I was shaking with anticipation.

Turkey!!!! We had a turkey cooked on the pit, a turkey roll stuffed with herbs, and turkey stuffed with shrimp. I would say we had enough turkey.

Have to have corn. We love corn at every celebration. I really don't know why, other than we all like it and it always seems to go with the rest of the meal.

Got to have some dirty rice. For non-cajuns, this is like a rice dressing. There are endless recipes for this. Each cajun family has a twist on how they make it. But each one is delicious. Sis did a great job.
The following is a few photos of some of my family. We were able to enjoy the beautiful weather together.

So the men and children spent most of the day outside. Here is my brother, who we are thankful, is recovering from cancer.
My brother-in-law who is our host.
My godchild and her boyfriend.
Two of my nephews, my brother, and my son-in-law.
We spent a great day together. Now we can't wait to get together for Christmas for more good times, good food, and Presents. Yea!!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics of the family and food! I had a great day! Love you Nanny!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete