Friday, May 14, 2010

I feel bad

for not posting anything in so long.  (Pro, Sorry) I have been extra busy lately. 

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I opened a booth at Something Old and Something New Flea Market in Breaux Bridge, La 2 months ago.  I have been pulling merchandise from every corner of my house to sell. 

It is so exciting when you sell  something.  I can not tell you how excited I was the first time I got a sale.

Also, I have been helping do yard work.  And when I mean yard work, I mean work.

may 2010 003

 

This is a friend helping us out.  Without his help we would have not been able to finish this as quickly as we did.  Thanks Glenn.

This is the finished patio.

may 2010 030

Here we are loving a nice afternoon.

may 2010 032

I have been shopping too.  Look what I found.  When I tell you a got it for almost nothing, I am not kidding. 

may 2010 064

may 2010 065

may 2010 066

I also found a ton of vintage sequin trim and fringe.

may 2010 067

This was originally from a costume shop that closed at least 20 years ago.  I picked up a huge box of pieces of fur and fur trim.

may 2010 071

may 2010 072

may 2010 073 I put some of the sequins in my flea market booth.  I am thinking maybe I should put some on the etsy site.  I have never sold anything there.  So not sure.  Maybe selling supplies would be the thing that would sell. 

may 2010 076

I’m thinking some of the blog world people might like some sparkle.

may 2010 074

My daughter and I have been picking up vintage and old (there is a difference) suitcases and trunks. She came up with the idea to make end tables and coffee tables with them. 

may 2010 087

may 2010 092

I don’t have a picture of the first one we finished, but I will get it to you soon.  We sold it before we had even finished it.  We have the next one sold too. 

Also working on handmade pillowcases.  Check out the ones I made recently.  I know they are a little different (odd), but I wanted to make something a little unusual.  I couldn’t resist the Mom fabric.  What do you think?

may 2010 086 may 2010 084 may 2010 077

Plus I have acquired a Mommy cat and her 2 kittens.

may 2010 005

I think that has caught me up for now. 

Bye for now.

3 comments:

  1. wow! looks like you have been really busy. your patio looks so relaxing and perfectly shaded!
    thanks for visiting my blog :)
    keep us updated on the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patio is fabulous! Love all those bricks...You hit the jackpot with all that trim...I'm always looking for that stuff and NEVER find it around here! Have a Great Wednesday~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog =) Your patio looks great - and that ironing board is awesome!

    ReplyDelete